Do you suffer from…
- Frequent headaches?
- Tender jaw muscles?
- Pain in or around the ear?
- Clicking or popping noises in the jaw?
- Pain when yawning or chewing?
- Does your jaw muscles lock or stray to one side when you open your mouth?
The cause of such pain could be related to the jaw joint, called the temporomandibular joint, often referred to as TMJ, and the muscles that work to move the joint.
What Causes TMD?
Several conditions may be linked with TMD. These conditions include:
- Jaw or head injuries
- Tooth grinding
- Anxiety and/or stress
- Diseases that affect the muscles or joints, such as arthritis
To determine how best to treat your TMD, a complete evaluation is recommended. Dr. Beussink will check the joints and muscles for tenderness, clicking, popping or difficulty moving.